This is how WhatsApp saved the life of a young man and his family trapped by earthquakes in Turkey
- Location privacy has both positive and negative aspects
- Networks are being an important channel from which international aid is coordinated
It is undeniable that social networks have brought and established bad habits within our society, but in turn these platforms offer an infinity of positive aspects. The latest example of this is how a WhatsApp status allowed the Turkish authorities to find and save a young man and his family who had been trapped after the serious earthquakes that have occurred in that country and Syria.
One of the most repeated drawbacks with the issue of social networks and the internet is that users are constantly connected and you can know at all times where they are. The privacy of the location is something recurrent, and one of the tasks in which these types of companies work the most, but being reachable all the time also has its positive aspect, especially when your life is at stake.
And whoever doubts it should ask Boran Kubat, a young Turk, who was trapped in the rubble of his building because of the earthquake. “We were sleeping when the earthquake struck. Suddenly, everything went dark and my mother fell near me,” says the young man.
Luckily for him, and for his mother, grandmother and uncles with whom the house was, Kubat had his mobile phone handy and was able to upload a video to his WhatsApp status to ask for help. “Everyone who sees this please come and help us. Now, everyone comes to help us!”
Upon seeing the video, it was his friends who ran to help him and alert the multiple rescue teams of the situation, luckily they were able to get the family alive from the rubble of the building where he resided. According to Reuters data, there are already more than 35,000 fatalities from this earthquake and at least 24 million Turks and Syrians have been affected by the damage caused.
Luckily, social networks are being a good ally to alleviate the losses caused by the earthquake, either to show the location of trapped people and to save them, as well as as a method of awareness and channel through which international aid is being organized.
Elon Musk: Tesla denies firing workers over union campaign
In recent years, there have been allegations that Tesla, the electric car company led by CEO Elon Musk, has retaliated against employees who have tried to form a union. These allegations have been denied by the company.
In February 2021, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) found that Tesla had violated US labor law by intimidating and retaliating against employees who had engaged in protected union activities. Specifically, the NLRB found that Tesla had illegally fired a worker who had been involved in union organizing and had interrogated other employees about their union activities.
However, Tesla has maintained that it did not engage in any anti-union activity and has denied that it fired workers for engaging in union organizing. In a statement released after the NLRB ruling, the company said that it “respects the rights of all employees to organize and join or not join a union,” and that it would comply with the NLRB’s order to reinstate the fired worker and provide him with back pay.
It is worth noting that Tesla is not alone in facing allegations of anti-union activity. In recent years, there have been numerous reports of companies across a range of industries engaging in such practices. The issue of unionization in the tech industry has become particularly contentious in recent years, with workers at companies like Google and Amazon pushing for greater protections and better working conditions.
5 Examples of Smart Technology in Healthcare
- Wearable devices: These devices are worn on the body and can monitor vital signs such as heart rate, blood pressure, and temperature. They can also track physical activity and sleep patterns. Wearables like smartwatches and fitness trackers provide a wealth of data that can be used to track and monitor health and fitness over time.
- Electronic Health Records (EHRs): EHRs allow healthcare providers to access patient records quickly and easily. They can track patient medications, allergies, and medical history. EHRs can be used to monitor patient outcomes, track treatment plans, and coordinate care between multiple providers.
- Telemedicine: Telemedicine allows patients to receive medical care remotely. This technology is particularly useful for patients who live in rural or remote areas, or who are unable to travel to a healthcare facility. With telemedicine, patients can have video consultations with doctors and other healthcare professionals, get prescriptions filled, and receive lab results.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): AI is being used to analyze large amounts of medical data, including medical images and patient records. AI can help diagnose diseases, predict patient outcomes, and identify high-risk patients. AI can also be used to develop personalized treatment plans.
- 3D Printing: 3D printing technology is being used to create prosthetic limbs, medical devices, and implants. 3D printing can be used to create custom-fitted prosthetic devices that are more comfortable and functional than traditional prosthetics. It can also be used to create implants that are more compatible with a patient’s body.
23 Bachelor Programs in Healthcare Technology 2023
Here are 23 bachelor programs in healthcare technology that may be available in 2023:
- Bachelor of Science in Health Informatics
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Healthcare Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences with a concentration in Health Informatics and Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Health Systems Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Services Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Technology and Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Technology Assessment
- Bachelor of Science in Health Policy and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Information Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Dosimetry
- Bachelor of Science in Radiation Therapy
Please note that availability of these programs may vary by country and university, and this list is not exhaustive.
HEALTH1 month ago
Community Health Center
Uncategorized2 months ago
FASHION1 month ago
This is the coat to invest in in 2023, according to New York street style
News3 weeks ago
How Apple designed AirTags to be privacy-first and stalker-proof
SPORTS1 month ago
Alcaraz challenges Djokovic: “The goal is to regain the number one as soon as possible”
HEALTH1 month ago
Department of health
HEALTH1 month ago
Types of medical treatment you may need in your lifetime
HEALTH1 month ago
Things To Think About Precision Balances